Friday, April 20, 2012

Starting Out

Let me start off by saying, I never thought I would get married.  I also never thought I would start a blog, so starting a blog about getting married?  This is a little out there for me! 

Here is some information about me.  My name is Lauren.  I'm 23.  I was born and raised in Dublin, Ohio.  I still live here and I absolutely love it.  I have two dogs that I'm slightly obsessed with. I am a little scatter brained when it comes to writing my thoughts down, so bear with me if it seems like I jump around in this thing. I am lucky enough to be marrying the person I get along with best, and he doesn't judge me because of my dog obsession.  His name is Rob.  He is 33, and he's a really cool dude.  We're one of those weird couples that pretty much never fights.  I never ever ever ever thought we would be getting married. so this definitely isn't one of those "love at first sight" deals.  I am really excited about our wedding though.  We are getting married October 21st, 2012 in Columbus. 

Here is us.  Rob does smile, I promise
Here are our awesome dogs.


The reason I'm starting this blog is because as I've been going through the wedding planning process I find it incredibly frustrating how expensive some of this stuff can be.  As it turns out my family hasn't been saving up for this my entire life, so we have a pretty small budget.  Rob and I have a goal to do the entire wedding for less than $6,000.  So far we have made pretty good progress.

 I will be posting here from time to time with updates on things we have booked, where we are at in the planning process, and if I have any little money saving tips or tricks along the way. We have been engaged since August and we are pretty much just now getting around to booking stuff, but that's mostly because 1. I procrastinate, and 2. We haven't had access to funds until recently.  I was stressing about that for a while but then I realized there are people out there who plan weddings in 6 months or less so I figured we would probably be okay.

Thanks for taking the time to follow this thing, I hope you find my rants and posts a little bit entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment