Monday, April 23, 2012

I have to say, when Rob and I started looking into save-the-dates I had NO idea picking out a piece of paper could be so difficult!  The options are endless, and of course we wanted something a little more unique than a picture of us with the date and of course it had to be on the less expensive end of the spectrum.  We spent weeks coming up with ideas, and of course searching Pinterest for some inspiration.  Finally, we (and by we I mean Rob) had a brilliant idea!  Fortune tellers aka Cootie Catchers aka Dream Catchers!  How perfect!  It's fun, it's easy, and we might be able to do it on the cheap!

I went online and managed to find a template for save-the-dates on a fortune teller (OK, so it's not a completely original idea, but I do love the internet for providing a template for something like that!).  We didn't want to order them online.  That would be more pricey and it seemed kind of silly.  We went on a search for really pretty, really inexpensive print paper.  Knowing that Michael's seems to always have sales on things like that we stopped in there first. Sure enough they had 8.5x11" books of printed paper (200 count!) on sale for $9!  You can't beat that.  When we got up to the register the sales person was in a good mood and gave us an additional $2 off.  In total we spent $7 on our save-the-dates and they look great!  There is no way you could have had them professionally done for anywhere near that cheap.  I suppose the only downfall is that now I am faced with the project of folding 75+ cootie catchers, but it is totally worth it when I think about our savings!

(I will post a picture of our adorable save-the-dates soon!)

Update: We are mailing these today!  I am weirdly excited about it.  It makes things feel so real!


For my bridal shower my lovely matron of honor Stephanie and I found really cute invitations on Etsy for $16.  The girl made a template of the invite then we just printed off our own

 

No comments:

Post a Comment